Sunday, December 10, 2017

Papertrey Ink December Countdown - Day 1

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Papertrey Ink's December new release countdown! I'm so excited to be joining you today with a few projects featuring Dawn's Farmer's Market Florals and Huge Sentiments sets along with my Everyday Affection set and Betsy's Mix & Mat: Hearts Die. Whew! That's a lot of goodness packed in to one day! Let's get to it.

My first card pairs Dawn's beautiful flowers with one of my sentiments.

Lizzie Jones - Together Card

I began by stamping and die cutting the flowers from Farmer's Market Florals. I love how artistic these flowers look with such little effort. Simply stamp, die cut, and go!

Together Card 2

Next, I sponged a stripe of Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base. I covered the front of the card with a Cover Plate: Twist shape and then layered on a cardstock strip that I'd stamped with the Everyday Affection sentiment in Smokey Shadow. The effect is a soft haze that subtly defines the edges of the sentiment strip.

Together Card 3

Then, I assembled my flower arrangement, using a mix of flat and foam adhesives to add dimension. I also added a few white sequins for an added bit of texture.

Supplies:


Next up, I've used the Farmer's Market Florals with an unconventional color scheme. These flowers look so great in either realistic or fantastical color palettes.

Lizzie Jones - Hugs To You Card

I began by die cutting a panel of Bitty Big: Soft Stone patterned paper using a die from the Double Ups Rectangles Die Collection. Then, I used one of the Window Works Dies to cut a circle from the center. I matted that with Deep Indigo cardstock and set it aside.

Hugs To You Card 2

Next, I stamped and die cut the Farmer's Market Florals using varying shades of blue. The flowers remind me of Delft pottery in these colors. Then, I die cut the Huge Sentiments Hugs shape from Melon Berry cardstock and sponged along the bottom edge for depth. I'm a sucker for coral and dark blue together.

Hugs To You Card 3

I stacked that die cut with two others to give some sturdiness and positioned the word in the window of the Soft Stone panel. Before adhering it into place, I stamped a companion phrase from Huge Sentiments in Deep Indigo beneath it. Then, I arranged the flowers and attached those and the "Hugs" to the card front. I really love that pop of coral.

Supplies:


And lastly, I have a card pairing Everyday Affection with Betsy's newest Mix & Mat die.

Love You More Card 2

I began by die cutting the hearts window and arrows frame from white cardstock. Then, I backed that panel with a piece of white label paper. I applied three different shades of glitter (Garnet, Tourmaline, and Kunzite) to the sticky surface, creating an ombre effect. Then, I adhered the whole piece to a Classic Kraft card base.

Lizzie Jones - Love You More Card

Next, I die cut the largest panel in the Mix & Mat set from Deep Indigo cardstock. I trimmed out a rectangle in the center, creating a frame. Then, I stamped the Everyday Affection sentiment onto Clear Cardstock using Stazon Opaque Cotton White ink (note: you have to use a stamp cleaner when you're finished with this ink. It will not wipe off with a baby wipe or wet towel).

Love You More Card 3

I adhered the strip to the back of the frame and then added foam adhesive around the rest of the edge. I tied a baker's twine bow around the card base and then attached the Deep Indigo frame into place. The sentiment is tricky to see in photos, but it looks so cool and floaty in person!

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check out today's introductory post over on the brand new Papertrey Ink blog and then check in on Amy, Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda to see how they've used these great new products. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

merryf said...

These are all gorgeous— but the hugs with blue flowers is my favorite. What a stunning card! Thanks for all this wonderful inspiration!