Friday, November 10, 2017

November Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 1

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this month's Papertrey Ink new release countdown! Today I'm sharing projects featuring several new products designed by the brilliant Betsy Veldman. Some of you are going to be very happy! Let's get on to the projects.

For starters, I have a card showcasing Betsy's new Little Lift Me Ups and Background Basics: Birch sets. Yep, you saw that right. Background Basics: Birch!

Precious Card

I got the hymn His Eye Is On The Sparrow (well, that and Jesus Loves The Little Children) stuck in my head when I was looking at this sentiment from Little Lift Me Ups, so I decided to go with it. I began my card by stamping the Background Basics: Birch in Fresh Snow ink onto Classic Kraft cardstock. The pattern is designed so that you can match up the edges and create a full background with just a couple of impressions. I love that!

Precious Card 2

Next, I sponged some Spring Rain ink onto a Rustic White panel and added the stitched frame from this month's Mix & Mat: Plaid die. Then, I stamped it with the sentiment from Little Lift Me Ups in Dark Indigo. I used Give Love to add the die cut branch and leaves. I used both flat and die cut leaves to give a bit of dimension. I used Classic Kraft and Cocoa Bean inks on the branch and Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado on the leaves.

Precious Card 3

I also stamped and die cut the bird from that set using Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, and Canyon Clay inks. Not a sparrow, but you get the idea. I used foam tape to mount the focal panel and the bird, adding a bit of depth.

Supplies:


Next up, I have a card featuring the Mix & Mat: Plaid and the Year Of Psalms: November set.

Look To The Lord Card

I knew I wanted to give the birch trees from the Mix & Mat: Plaid die a bit of a woodgrain feel, but I wanted it to be a bit more delicate than the Background Basics: Birch pattern. So where did I turn? Everyone's perennial favorite, Background Basics: Woodgrain!

Look To The Lord Card 2

I began by die cutting the frame and stamping it with the woodgrain pattern in Fine Linen ink. Then, I sponged Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base so that you would just see a pale halo of ink peeking out from behind the branches. Then, I stamped the leaves from Garden Grace around the branchy areas using Green Parakeet rolled in New Leaf. It just so happens that these leaves are the perfect size to coordinate with this frame. How cool is that?!

Look To The Lord Card 3

Next, I stamped the Year Of Psalms verse onto a white panel using Pinefeather ink. I matted it with a piece of Classic Kraft and mounted that to the inside of the birch frame with strips of coaster (they're just a tiny bit thinner than foam tape and I like them for instances when I don't want quite as much depth). Then, I used foam tape to adhere the frame to the card base.

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! Be sure to check back tomorrow when I'll have even more of the November release to share. In the meantime, Nichole, Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, StephanieWanda, Erin, and Lexi all have inspiration for you today. Have a great Friday and I'll see you soon!

5 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Beautiful projects today, Lizzie! I love how you used the new Mix & Mat Frame with the delicate color behind.

Aunt Min said...

Your last card is my favorite card of the day. It has a perfect balance of strength vs delicacy, simplicity vs detail, hard vs soft waves of color. I can’t stop looking at it!

Sharon said...

Love both of these, Lizzie! The Garden Grace leaves are so perfect with that frame, and I love your "sparrow" card too!

Sandy M said...

You made a great couple of cards. Love everything I have seen so far today and can't wait to see what is commig tomorrow

Kathy Mc said...

You are so good at combining older sets with new, Lizzie, and today is no exception. Love your cards and all the details!