Thursday, August 17, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Autumn Scarecrow

Good morning, friends, and welcome to another fun-filled day of Papertrey Ink August release inspiration! I'm back today sharing Heather's new Autumn Scarecrow stamp set. I'm totally smitten with this little fella. Just look at that sweet little face!

Autumn Wishes Card 5

Have you ever heard the phrase "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"? Well, now that I've learned to make color slider cards all I see are opportunities to make them. So I jumped at the chance to turn the adorable scarecrow from Heather's set into a slider!

Autumn Wishes Card

I began by creating a color slider frame using the method that I shared in my recent Make It Monday tutorial. This one is on the larger side (the piece of cardstock I started with was 3" x 10"), so I used the smaller rectangle in the Botanical Blocks Basics Die to create the window. I needed it to be a little bit longer than the original opening, so I just lined the die up in the negative space and cut a second time. No sweat!

Autumn Wishes Card 4


Then, I created a slider by cutting a panel of cardstock just wider than the window and die cut the end with a To The Point Edger Die to achieve the decorative edge. I stamped the scarecrow image inside the slider frame with Memento Tuxedo Black (because I knew I was going to color with Copics) and masked him with post-it notes. I sponged the background with ink and then added texture with splattered reinker. I removed the mask and colored the scarecrow. Next, I stamped him again onto clear cardstock using Stazon Jet Black ink. I stamped “pull here” from Movers & Shakers Sentiments on the slider panel with Olive Twist ink.

Autumn Wishes Card 2

Then, I covered the front frame with Bitty Big: Canyon Clay paper and assembled the color slider (again, the link above with the video is very helpful to see all of these steps in action). Next, I stamped a few individual pumpkins on a Kraft card base before attaching the color slider to my card front with foam tape. I stamped, colored, and die cut the stacked pumpkins and attached them to slider with foam tape.

Autumn Wishes Card 3


Then, I die cut speech bubble, sponged it lightly with color for contrast, and then stamped it with the sentiment. I attached it to card front with foam tape and that's all she wrote! I'm so tickled by this card. I can't even tell you.

Ok, that's it for me today. Thank you so much for popping by! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda to see what other inspiration they have in store. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Susan Watanabe said...

Yes, Lizzie!! That cute scarecrow is just perfect for your slider card technique! I'm going to have to CAS it...so much fun. 😁

BeverlyBL said...

What an excellent choice for a magic slider card! I love it. I have a thing for magic sliders, too. So fun.