Sunday, June 18, 2017

More Papertrey Ink July Release - Quoted: True Friends

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to another day of inspiration featuring the June Papertrey Ink release. Today I'll be sharing a card made with Nichole's new Quoted: True Friends set. I've chosen to put the full sentiment to use on my card, but the phrase in this month's set can be broken up and used in several ways. I love it when a mini set can do so many different things!

Truly Great Friends Card

To start my card today, I stamped a variety of flowers from Gathered Garden onto Rustic White cardstock. Then, I sprayed the paper's surface with water to soften all of the edges.

Truly Great Friends Card 2

I allowed the cardstock to dry thoroughly and then speckled the panel with Spring Rain reinker. Next, I die cut that panel with the Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets die and stamped the sentiment using Dark Indigo ink.

Truly Great Friends Card 3

I've really been liking Dark Indigo as an alternative to Smokey Shadow or True Black lately. It's still nice and dark, but not as harsh as those inks can seem depending on the design.

Truly Great Friends Card 4

Then, I stamped the Textile Impressions background onto a Classic Kraft card base using Fresh Snow ink. I attached the die cut panel to card front with foam tape and embellish with a trio of pearls below my sentiment.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda to see what they have to share with you. Have a great day and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Jane C. said...

Gorgeous card Lizzie!!!