Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Introducing Lucky Break

Good morning and welcome to the first day of the Papertrey Ink August countdown (as always, the new products we're showcasing over the next several days will be available for purchase on the 15th from the Papertrey Ink website)! I have a unique little mini set called Lucky Break to share with you this month and I hope you get as much of a kick out of it as I do.

We're going to start this countdown with a Thanksgiving card. I absolutely love fall crafting, so this is going to be tons of fun!

Wonderful Thanksgiving Card

I began by stamping the background pattern onto a Classic Kraft card base using Autumn Pattern Prints (in the Vault, but still one of my favorite background sets for this time of year) and the stitched line from Plaid Builder using Canyon Clay and Ripe Avocado inks. Next, I used some fancy selective die cutting magic (not really magic; just position your cutting plate only over the area you want to cut) to trim just one side of the wishbone from a panel of Rustic White cardstock. I stamped the wishbone in the resulting area using Fine Linen ink that I rock 'n rolled in Classic Kraft.

Wonderful Thanksgiving Close Up

I stamped "Thanksgiving" onto the Rustic White panel with Cocoa Bean ink and adhered a narrow mat of the matching cardstock along the wishbone edge. I mounted that panel to the card base with foam tape before adding a Ripe Avocado banner that I'd heat embossed with the rest of the phrase. I just weaved the banner through the open space in the wishbone panel to make it feel a bit more integrated.

Well, that's all for me today. I'll be back here tomorrow with more of Lucky Break so I hope to see you then. In the meantime, Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, Lexi, and Maile all have more to share. See you soon!

Recipe:
Wonderful Thanksgiving Card
Stamps: Lucky Break, Autumn Pattern Pieces, Plaid Builder - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Cocoa Bean, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Canyon Clay, Ripe Avocado, Cocoa Bean - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Lucky Break Die, Sketched Shapes Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Embossing Powder - Filigree

11 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Love everything about your card, Lizzie! I need that wishbone! Funny, I just had the Autumn Pattern Prints out for a few minutes to play with the day before yesterday but I didn't come up with anything nearly as nice as your plaid. Thanks for the inspiration!

Diana K said...

So much fun! Love your creative use of the wish bone and your gorgeous plaid border.

nancy said...

This is a great card, Lizzie. Love how all of the pieces are interconnected. And the font you used for "Thanksgiving" is intriguing and fabulous. It looks like it was pulled from a letter written with a quill.

Linda said...

Details, details, details! You always impress. Such a fun card.

Luanne said...

Super cute!

Nancy Penir said...

Just thinking of all the possibilities of a wishbone... love this, and love your card!

Kathy Mc said...

Hope that wish bone gives you a "lucky break" with your poison ivy, shingles or whatever it is. Lizzie, your Thanksgiving card has Fall written all over it. The plaid reminds of cozy sweaters.

Ohhh Snap said...

Loving that wish boone! Such a cute card! : D

Unknown said...

Great use of the wishbone! And.....plaid:-)

karen h said...

Love this card! Great layout with the sentiment through the wishbone (which is awesome in itself); and I love the plaid (ack, I guess I need to move plaid builder up higher on my list).

luvmy2k9z said...

I love this card. Can you tell me how you only did the die cut on part of it please?