Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Introducing Tulip Time

Good morning, all! Welcome back to Day 6 of the Papertrey Ink 9th anniversary countdown! Nichole is introducing some wonderful Spring sets on her blog today and has invited the rest of us to help her celebrate. I'm going to be sharing a card with Betsy's new Tulip Time set this morning. These realistic tulips are going to make you giddy!

Easter Blessings Card

I began by lightly sponging Aqua Mist ink around the edges of a white card base. Next, I stamped the tulip stems with Vintage Jadeite and New Leaf inks. The tulip blooms came next in Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, and Bright Buttercup inks. Look at that detail!

Easter Blessings Tulip Detail

Next, I heat embossed the Keep It Simple: Easter sentiment using gold detail powder.

Easter Blessings Close Up

I adhered a scalloped eyelet frame that I'd die cut from white cardstock using the new Cover Plate: Pretty Frame Die. Lastly, I added a simple white crochet thread bow for a soft finishing touch. Isn't it just so delicate and lovely?

Alrighty, friends. That's all for me today. Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop over to Nichole's blog to see what other announcements and challenges she's sharing this morning. She'll also be letting you know who else is joining Heather and Betsy in today's showcase. Thanks again for stopping by! Have a great day!

Recipes:
Stamps: Tulip Time, Keep It Simple: Easter - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Vintage Jadeite, New Leaf, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Cover Plate: Pretty Frame Die - Papertrey Ink; Gold Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Crochet Thread

14 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Just beautiful! I think I might have to get some PTI ink pads just so I can do yellow tulips!

Birgit said...

Simply beautiful!!

Nancy said...

Lovely card, you're right the detail in the tulips is unbelievable!

Diana K said...

Love that subtle shading with the Aqua Mist. So lovely, Lizzie, it reminds me of Easter Sunday morning when I was a kid, wearing new shoes and a straw bonnet with those little paper millinery flowers on it. Yes, I'm that old.

Gina said...

This set is amazing. I love what you did with it, Lizzie!

jan metcalf said...

Your aqua shading really showcases the Pretty cover plate frame and your pretty tulips!

nancy said...

Lovely, Lizzie. We got some snow overnight, so it's a treat to see springtime on my computer screen.

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card, Lizzie!

TamiBabs said...

It IS very delicate and lovely! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

So pretty on this windy, snowy day!

MTPatB said...

Very pretty Spring looking card. Love that border from the cover plate.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Fabulous card!

Cariños,
María Alba

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Simply Spring.....lovely card.