Sunday, February 7, 2016

Introducing Tiny Town Series

Happy Sunday morning, friends! Welcome to this month's first group post for Papertrey Ink's 9th anniversary countdown. Today we're all sharing projects showcasing Betsy's new Tiny Town die series. This series is sure to please! These charming little buildings are like a super sized version of the Petite Places series. They are the perfect size for treat boxes, tags, cards, home decor...the list goes on and on. Today I've chosen to create a personalized place card that will double as a treat box for my Easter brunch table.

Church Placecard Top View

I began by die cutting the primary shape from white cardstock using the Tiny Town: Basics die. I used the Tiny Town: Church to cut an alternate front for my building and stamped the bottom edge of all of those die cut pieces with a grass border from Simply Spring Borders (more on this set soon).

Church Placecard Close Up

I used the window openings dies to add windows to the sides and front of the church. Next, I adhered clear cardstock to the inside of the building and colored in the openings with Copics (from the back) to make them look like stained glass. I assembled the church and embellished it with window frames cut from Aqua Mist cardstock and a door cut from Stormy Sea.

Church Placecard Side View

I felt like the building could use some extra contrast, so I cut the Tiny Town: Scallop Shingles roof from an additional piece of Stormy Sea. I knew I wanted to make my church a treat box, so I cut the roof in half and attached the pieces to either side of the top of the building, leaving the opening unhindered. Next, I cut a handle from white cardstock and attached it to the top of the box with pewter brads. They're easy enough to remove, so my guests won't have too much trouble getting to the treat inside.

Church Placecard Front

I attached the church box to a Stitched Circles shape (the largest in the set) cut from New Leaf patterned paper. I added a personalized name plate by die cutting and stamping a banner from the Bountiful Banners set. The name was stamped with the Fresh Alphabet in Stormy Sea ink. I attached it to the New Leaf circle with a small, L-shaped hinge so that it would pop up at a slight angle. Isn't that adorable?! I am going to have so much fun with these itty bitty buildings.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa for more of this fabulous new series. I'll see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Simply Spring Borders, Bountiful Banners, Fresh Alphabet - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Stormy Sea, Clear Cardstock, New Leaf Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Stormy Sea, New Leaf - Papertrey Ink
Other: Tiny Town: Basics Die, Tiny Town: Church Die, Tiny Town: Scallop Shingles Die, Stitched Circles Die, Bountiful Banners Die - Papertrey Ink; Copic Markers; Xyron

9 comments:

jan metcalf said...

I like your idea for stained glass windows, and using brads on the handle!

Nancy said...

Liked seeing the use of the brads, I too thought that would be a good alternate closure. Very creative "stained" glass really adds to the church!

Diana K said...

Really sweet, Lizzie. Love that door in Stormy Sea.

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love the grass around the base of the church. It's always nicer to walk through a garden on the way to church! Love your stained glass windows too! Soooooo pretty! Hugs, Lesley

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

I just checked my mailbox,did you forget my invitation? ......too much cuteness!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Nancy Penir said...

Yeah for the stained glass idea! Love it! Super ideas on your sweet church!

Bev LoPinto said...

Really like your stained glass idea! And I really like your new haircut! It looks great on you :-)

TLady said...

SWEET! I LOOOOVE your Stained Glass Windows! ;) SUPER JOB!!! Sorry I'm so late. My computer crashed & I KNEW I'd missed SOMETHING GREAT! SO GLAD I came looking!!!! ;)

Jenny said...

Brilliant idea and stained glass windows too!