Monday, May 11, 2015

A Second Helping Of Sunshine - Day 2

Good morning, all! Today is Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink new release countdown and I've got a couple of additional projects featuring A Second Helping Of Sunshine to share with you this morning. Let's get on to the projects!

My first card today is a birthday card that showcases Bowl Of Sunshine and A Second Helping Of Sunshine together.

Birthday Fruit Card

These stamps are fantastic for creating one layer cards with plenty of color! I began by stamping the bowl, scale, colander, and fruit images with a wide variety of Perfect Match ink colors (the full list is below).

Birthday Fruit Close Up

Then, I added the sentiment from Wishes Come True in Dark Chocolate ink. I love that I can use these stamp sets together to create an even wider array of scenes.

Birthdays call for gifts, so I created a small set of notecards to coordinate with my fruity birthday card.

Fruity Friend Set

I began by stamping the woodgrain grounding shape in Fine Linen on each card followed by the sentiments in Dark Chocolate.

Fruity Friend Set 2

Then I die cut several bowls and one colander from white cardstock and stamped each one with a coordinating image.

Fruity Friend Set 3

Next I stamped the fruit images onto the card bases themselves before adding the bowls with foam tape.

Fruity Friend Set With Envelopes

Each card measures 3 1/2" x 4 7/8" and each one has an envelope to match. It's a simple set that would make a lovely little gift.

Well, that's all for me today. Thank you so much for joining me! Make sure to visit Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Maile, Melissa, Erin, and Lexi for more of this month's new release. See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Birthday Fruit Card
Stamps: Bowl Of Sunshine, A Second Helping Of Sunshine (available May 15th), Wishes Come True - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Ripe Avocado, Orange Zest, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink

Fruity Stationery Set
Stamps: Bowl Of Sunshine, A Second Helping Of Sunshine (available May 15th), Block Party - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Ripe Avocado, Orange Zest, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Spring Rain, Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink
Other: Bowl Of Sunshine Die, A Second Helping Of Sunshine Die (available May 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

12 comments:

Ann said...

Oh Lizzie I just cannot wait to get my hands on this set! Bowl of Sunshine has to be top of the list of my favourite ever stamp sets and I'm so delighted to see 'a second helping' of gorgeousness! Pears and cherries - yummy! And what delicious projects today!

Birgit said...

I'm so loving the addition to Bowl of Sunshine! I'm a vintage gal and have a few old scales and bowls scattered throughout my kitchen and these sets are so fabulous and fun!! Love your projects from today and can't wait to see more!

Aunt Min said...

I love that scale. I can just see it with a cupcake on the top, Can the pointer point toward zero? Ha ha.

BeverlyBL said...

Very cute.

Cindy H. said...

Love all these beautiful cards!! Those gift cards w/matching envelopes are an amazing gift set.

Debra said...

I am looking forward to playing with this new addition to the Sunshine stamps. I love the first set and use them to make similar cards, but I love the ideas you have posted to stamp directly onto the card, which makes the process simpler. Thank you!

Pam Young said...

I love this new addition to one of my favorites!!

Marci said...

Love, love, love. I ordered Bowl of Sunshine and received it Saturday. Made a dozen Mother's Day cards with it Sunday morning. Such a great set. I cannot wait to get the new set. I love your gift card set...I'll be copying that one! Thank you for your continued creativity!

Unknown said...

Love the vintage!

Kathy Krug said...

Love your sweet note cards.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,


AWESOME Cards and ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Melissa Sibert said...

Love the bowl of sunshine stationery set. I have a stamp set suggestion along the lines of what you have done with these two sets: a vintage Pyrex/Corningware casserole stamp set. Pair those images with great sentiments for get well, new baby, sympathy, and house warming occasions where you might bring a casserole to friends and family in need of a little comfort. That would be awesome!!