Tuesday, February 10, 2015

More Text Block: Mom & Etched Easter Eggs

Good morning, friends! I am so glad to hear that you're all so excited about the Etched Easter Eggs stamps and dies! Your kind words are truly appreciated and I can't wait until you all get these stamps in your hands. It's so much fun to see what you create with them! In the meantime, today I have a couple of additional projects to share!

My first card showcases the Text Block: Mom die, but I made a little modification to make the die even more versatile!


I began by die cutting the Text Block shape from white cardstock that I had run through the Xyron. I trimmed out the word "Mom" to make the sentiment work for anyone and then adhered it to a piece of the polka dotted Sheer Basics vellum. Next, I applied adhesive to the back of the vellum behind the Text Block shape (thus hiding the adhesive) and stuck it down to an Aqua Mist card base.


Then, I created my rainbow layer cake. Enter Piece Of Cake, one of my favorites from way, way back. I began by stamping the cake frosting onto Aqua Mist cardstock and embossing with white powder. I restamped the same image overtop the first and then embossed with holographic powder. The result is so sparkly! Side note: one day I will look back on this phase of my life and affectionately refer to it as my "glitter period." Anyway...next, I stamped the layers onto white cardstock using Winter Wisteria, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, and Limeade Ice inks. I trimmed out the cake bits and adhered them between the layers of frosting. Then I trimmed out the whole slice and adhered it to the card front with foam tape. It needed a candle, so I stamped the candle from the same set with Berry Sorbet ink, trimmed it out, and added a rhinestone to act as the flame. It was the perfect finishing touch!

My second project for today pairs Etched Easter Eggs with gold and navy for a simple and sophisticated Easter greeting.


I began by die cutting two egg shapes and stamping them with eggs from the new set. I heat embossed using gold powder which really allowed the details to stand out.


I continued by watercoloring the eggs with navy paint. I varied the amount of water I used to get a wide range of hues.


Next, I stamped a piece of white cardstock with the Background Basics: Medallions set using Spring Rain ink. I die cut an egg from the center of the panel and used that as the opening for my sentiment. I mounted the panel to the card base using foam tape and added the colored eggs on either side with additional foam tape. It's a simple card, but the gold embossing and the subtle variations in color are really plenty of embellishment.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with even more inspiration using this month's new releases. In the meantime, Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, and Melissa have projects to share that you won't want to miss. I'll see you again tomorrow!

Recipes:
Rainbow Layer Cake Birthday Card
Stamps: Piece Of Cake - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Polka Dot Sheer Basics - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Winter Wisteria, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, Limeade Ice - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Mom Die (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Holographic Embossing Powder - Ranger; Rhinestone - Darice; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

Happy Easter Card
Stamps: Etched Easter Eggs (available February 15th), Background Basics: Medallions - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: White
Ink: Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Egg Die - Papertrey Ink; Gold Embossing Powder - Filigree; Gansai Tambi Watercolors; Foam Tape - Scotch

10 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Thanks for showing how to make the 'mom' die more versatile!

Tracy said...

Ah Lizzie - you are reading my mind. When I saw your new Text Block I thought I bet you can trim away the Mom and use it for all kinds of occasions. Thanks for confirming this works beautifully! :-)

Patty J said...

Thanks for using Piece of Cake with the new text block - it's one of my favorites too! Beautifully done all sparkly!

keysha said...

I really love that text block die!!! And your card with the Etched Easter Eggs is beautiful!!!

Sandy M said...

The text block card is going to help me with my next bd card. Love it.

Kathy McDonald said...

Lizzie, your post just convinced me to add your text block to my "must have" list! I loved all the samples you have shown, but I no longer have a reason to create "Mom" cards, so thought I didn't need it. I was so wrong!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi lizzie,

Thanks for teaching such awesome techniques, LOVED your cards!

Cariños,
María Alba

Anonymous said...

Your birthday card jumped out at me from Nichole's website and I had to come over and check it out! Beautifully done!

Unknown said...

Really like the etched eggs!

Rachel S. said...

Beautiful Sample cards