Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bridal Shower Blessings

Good afternoon, Blogland! How are you all today? I hope you've been having a good week. It's been a full one around here, but all good things. One of my cousins is getting married later this summer and her bridal shower is this weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, but I made sure to send a gift and I'm planning to pop today's card in the mail this evening.


The card is pretty similar to a card I made during the March Papertrey Countdown, but I switched things up a little bit. I filled the polka dots on the umbrella with the smallest dot in Polka Dot Basics (the first one) and and added Glossy Accents to each dot for a little texture. The rest of the details are in the recipe below. Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you again soon!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; white
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Yellow, Pink, Silver pigment inks - Hampton Arts
Other: Herringbone Impression Plate (totally love this, by the way), Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Mat Stack 4 Layerz Die, Fillable Frames #7 Die, Scattered Showers Dies - Papertrey Ink; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Adhesive Rhinestone - Mark Richards; Embroidery Floss - DMC; Foam Tape - Scotch; Corner Rounder

2 comments:

Randi said...

If I need a card for a shower, I'll let you know! Cute:-)

mackyton said...

It’s a lovely card, and your cousin will like it for sure. I’m planning to follow your idea and mail a card to my niece as well, as I won’t be able to fly to her wedding due to some health conditions. She is getting married next week at one of the amazing wedding venues NYC, and I’m quite bummed that I’ll have to miss the event.