Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Li'l Banner

Greetings, Blogland! I hope everyone is having a lovely week. I wanted to share a card that I made today using Nichole Heady's paper banner technique. I love the little paper banners. Seriously. Love them. And I wanted to try my hand at putting one together.


I started by cutting a 5 1/2" square Rustic White base (the closest you'll see me coming to cream cardstock). Then I stamped the leaves and filled in with a few flowers. I die cut a Mat Stack 5 shape from Kraft cardstock and stamped the woodgrain image before adhering it straight to my base. Next I took a strip of Sweet Blush cardstock and stamped one side with the small houndstooth background and stamped the front side with my sentiment. You can see Nichole's "how-to" video on her blog. I finished the card by adhering the banner in place. Super simple and such a fun, new technique to pull me out of my typical rut.

Speaking of ruts...did anyone notice something missing? Foam tape. That's right. Nary a piece of foam tape to be found. Watch out, Chicken Little. The sky just might be falling.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (sentiment), Turning A New Leaf, Everyday Classics (Anniversary Set), Modern Wood Mats, Background Basics: Houndstooth - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White, Kraft, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark - Tsukineko; Dark Green Pigment, Dark Brown Pigment - Studio G
Tools: Mat Stack 5 die - Papertrey Ink

6 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. You did a great job with the banner. Love it with the mat stack as the background.

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. I like the background you created, and your banner is just darling. Isn't this such a fun technique--and easy, too?

Elena said...

The houndstooth with the florals and the woodgrain is fantastic!

kelly said...

super sweet!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card. Lovely banner too. I just watched the MIM video on how to make it. Certainly will have to try my hand at it.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card using Nichole"s technique. Looking forward to seeing more of your designs this year.